We are a full service San Diego waterfront hotel with 600 rooms and suites featuring furnished balconies with relaxing views of the sparkling Big Bay and panoramic skyline. Our 24,000 square feet of meeting space has recently been renovated and offers flexibility for distinctive conferences, reunions, weddings, and events. Our average tenure for 230 associates is 14 years of service that speaks to the dedication our associates have for the property, its people, and guest. Our hotel professionals stand ready to go the extra mile and deliver an exceptional experience. We are seeking professionals who have the Count on Me! spirit and are looking to grow their career. Wyndham San Diego Bayside presents the ideal opportunity to take your career to the next level!
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Banquet Houseperson to work at our beautiful Wyndham San Diego Bayside property in San Diego, CA. The Banquet Houseperson in responsible for the set up, refresh, tear down and maintenance of all meeting space.
Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc.
Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
Be familiar with fire exit and extinguisher location, and follow all hotel safety rules.
Breakdown after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment.
Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
Notify management of any hazards.
Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels and Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels and Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace