We are a full service San Diego waterfront hotel with 600 rooms and suites featuring furnished balconies with relaxing views of the sparkling Big Bay and panoramic skyline. Our 24,000 square feet of meeting space has recently been renovated and offers flexibility for distinctive conferences, reunions, weddings, and events. Our average tenure for 238 associates is 14 years of service that speaks to the dedication our associates have for the property, its people, and guest. Our hotel professionals stand ready to go the extra mile and deliver an exceptional experience. We are seeking for professionals who have the Count on Me! spirit and are looking to grow their career. Wyndham San Diego Bayside presents the ideal opportunity to take your career to the next level!
The Banquet Server is responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet functions, according to the hotel standards.
Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
Served guests according to the hotel’s standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents. Communicate to management, if necessary.
Set all tables according to hotel standards.
Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked properly.
Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal functions.
Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guest.
Know and use "suggestive selling" techniques.
Know the menu items for each function served and able to give accurate descriptions.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- ·Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace