We are a full service San Diego waterfront hotel with 600 rooms and suites featuring furnished balconies with relaxing views of the sparkling Big Bay and panoramic skyline. Our 24,000 square feet of meeting space has recently been renovated and offers flexibility for distinctive conferences, reunions, weddings, and events. Our average tenure for 230 associates is 14 years of service that speaks to the dedication our associates have for the property, its people, and guest. Our hotel professionals stand ready to go the extra mile and deliver an exceptional experience. We are seeking professionals who have the Count on Me! spirit and are looking to grow their career. Wyndham San Diego Bayside presents the ideal opportunity to take your career to the next level!
The Room Service Server is responsible for receiving orders, preparing orders and delivering items to guestrooms in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Prepare station in anticipation of the day’s business. Stock work areas with china, glassware, linen, coffee pots, napkins and ensure that stock is clean and polished.
- Check VIP list, and communicate orders to the kitchen and the next room service shift.
- Set trays and tables according to established standards.
- Deliver orders according to established standards.
- Retrieve trays on a timely basis.
- Ensure quality of food & beverage being delivered and communicate with Manager/Captain/Kitchen.
- Prepare and deliver amenities. Replenish as needed.
- Call all guests before delivery of order.
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established side-work checklist.
- Physically point out the service charge to the guest on the guest check so that the guest knows that the service charge is already included on the check.
- Inform each guest to call down to room service at the end of their meal so that their tray can be retrieved.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials and upsell items to guests.
- Assist order taker in the answering of the telephone while maintaining the established standards.
- Communicate guest needs to proper department.
- Handle guest’s complaints and communicate to management.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace