We are a full service San Diego waterfront hotel with 600 rooms and suites featuring furnished balconies with relaxing views of the sparkling Big Bay and panoramic skyline. Our 24,000 square feet of meeting space has recently been renovated and offers flexibility for distinctive conferences, reunions, weddings, and events. Our average tenure for 238 associates is 14 years of service that speaks to the dedication our associates have for the property, its people, and guest. Our hotel professionals stand ready to go the extra mile and deliver an exceptional experience. We are seeking for professionals who have the Count on Me! spirit and are looking to grow their career. Wyndham San Diego Bayside presents the ideal opportunity to take your career to the next level!
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is searching for an Maintenance Engineer to work at our beautiful Wyndham San Diego Bayside property in San Diego, CA. The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for insuring that the property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to guests and employees.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Make repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils,
• Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, chillers, HVAC-
Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, electrical, etc.).
• Take required readings on equipment.
• Test cooling tower and record readings.
• Replace and program televisions as needed.
• Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
• Perform furniture repair.
• Replace and repair pumps.
• Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers,
change handles, drain fittings, etc).
• Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
• Trace and repair all types of water lines.
• Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
• Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
• Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
• Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
• Paint designated areas.
• Repair and finish sheet rock.
• Repair all types of wall coverings.
• Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level
of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised
by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly,
courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes
wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from
various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of experience in a hotel or
related field required.
• At least two years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field
• Trade school and/or College course work in related field preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50
pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
& Drug Free Workplace