We are a full service San Diego waterfront hotel with 600 rooms and suites featuring furnished balconies with relaxing views of the sparkling Big Bay and panoramic skyline. Our 24,000 square feet of meeting space has recently been renovated and offers flexibility for distinctive conferences, reunions, weddings, and events. Our average tenure for 230 associates is 14 years of service that speaks to the dedication our associates have for the property, its people, and guest. Our hotel professionals stand ready to go the extra mile and deliver an exceptional experience. We are seeking professionals who have the Count on Me! spirit and are looking to grow their career. Wyndham San Diego Bayside presents the ideal opportunity to take your career to the next level!
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Prep-Cook to work at our beautiful Wyndham San Diego Bayside property in San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for preparing high quality food based on hotel standards. He/She is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of food items for the line, pantry or the production area of the main kitchen.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens, back dock, dumpster and
• Be responsible for quality of food.
• Prepare food orders as per established recipes/menus.
• Ensure equipment and kitchen cleanliness.
• Maintain kitchen in a clean and organize manner to facilitate high volume production.
• Handle and store food in a sanitary fashion.
• Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, dairy and meats.
• Coordinate with Chef/Sous Chef for Banquet functions and special orders.
• Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
• Understand formal requisition process.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform, nametag, and apron.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Previous culinary experience required.
• Food Handlers Certification required.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or consistently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Ability to withstand temperature variations, both hot and cold.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace